- A total of 92 bright, colorful, plastic coated cards present all of the phonics sounds made by each letter as well as each combination of letters, with an emphasis on the vowel sounds for easy decoding of words.
- Each phonics card has large, brightly colored letters that help children easily recognize and remember their shape and name. Word examples for instructors on the back of each card help students recognize the sounds made by that letter or team of letters.
- This set includes cards for each of the basic phonics sounds of the kindergarten through first grade reading levels as well as a set of cards for advanced letter team sounds used in second through fourth grade.
- Also included is a set of bonus cards showing various spellings of the same sounds – very helpful for correct spelling. (For use after a student knows all of the phonics sounds and can easily read words with those letters and letter teams.)
- Easy to follow instruction cards that give parents and educators guidance on how to reinforce phonics sounds and letter recognition as well as direction for the next correct step to take.
These cards have been used with hundreds of students by teachers, tutors and parents resulting in happy students that love to read and become lifelong successful readers. Tutors and teachers will appreciate some of the details in the design of these cards and their packaging. They are the perfect size for use on a one-to-one basis or with an entire classroom. Vowels and consonants are color coded and separated by dividers for easy recognition and organization. Each card is plastic coated for long lasting durability. The rounded corners allow for easy handling and the file box the cards are shipped in can be used not only for storage but also for easy portability.
The second part of the Success Reading program involves using the Phonics Game Cards: Short Vowel Sounds to practice the sounds learned by beginner readers.